“I take pride in making complex problems clear for my patients. Providing this type of clarity to individuals empowers them to make the best decisions regarding treatment. In my opinion, this is the most important part of what I do.”
About Dr. Anthony D’Ambrosio
Dr. D’Ambrosio earned his medical doctorate from the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, where he graduated Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed his Neurological Surgery Internship, Residency and Chief Residency at the Neurological Institute of New York, Columbia University. In addition, he completed a Skull Base and Cerebrovascular Surgery Fellowship in the Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Dr. D’Ambrosio is certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
Dr. D’Ambrosio’s practice is devoted to the comprehensive diagnosis, management and treatment of both trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm. As the Co-Director of the Valley Hospital Gamma Knife Perfexion Program, Dr. D’Ambrosio is dedicated to providing comprehensive, safe and effective radiosurgical treatment options for patients with medically refractory trigeminal neuralgia.
As the Director of Neurological Surgery at the Valley Hospital, he is dedicated to treating multiple conditions including hemifacial spasm, trigeminal neuralgia, geniculate neuralgia and glossopharyngeal neuralgia using a surgical technique called microvascular decompression (MVD). As a cranial neurosurgeon, Dr. D’Ambrosio also specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of brain tumors, skull base tumors, meningiomas, acoustic neuromas, pituitary tumors and Chiari malformations.
Request a Consultation
Meet the doctor.
Honors & Awards
Take a look at what Dr. Anthony D’Ambrosio has accomplished over the years.
- National Leadership Position:
- AANS/CNS Tumor Section – Executive Committee Member
- Other Leadership Positions:
- Director of Neurosurgery at the Valley Hospital
- Co-Director of the Gamma Knife Program at the Valley Hospital
- Top Surgeons Award (2013, 2012)
- New Jersey Monthly Best Doctor Award (2013, 2012, 2011)
- (201) Health’s Bergen’s Top Doctors (2015, 2014)
- HealthGrades Honor Roll (2015, 2014)
- Marquis Who’ Who in America (2015, 2014, 2013)
- Best Doctors Award (2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011)
- Journal of Neuro-oncology, September 2014
- Neurosurgery Clinics of North America, January 2011 (1)
- Neurosurgery Clinics of North America, January 2011 (2)
- Neurosurgery Clinics of North America, January 2011 (3)
- Journal of Craniovertebral Junction & Spine, July 2010
- Pituitary, September 2009
- Neurosurgery, March 2008
- Neurosurgical Focus – The Journal of Neurosurgery, March 2007